What is Chrysalis?
Before it becomes a butterfly, a caterpillar goes through a growth stage during which it is called a “chrysalis”
On the surface it may not look like much is happening, but the delicate chrysalis process changes the fuzzy caterpillar into an awesome butterfly with wings of intricate designs and intense colors.
The chrysalis process symbolizes how Christ can transform you into something beyond your dreams. It happens when you grow beyond yourself, opening your life to Jesus’ power and love.
Originated from The Walk to Emmaus.
“Chrysalis” is the name chosen for the youth and young adult version of The Walk to Emmaus, its parent movement, because it symbolizes the spiritual growth that is essential between adolescence and adulthood. That growth is as crucial for youth as the cocoon is for the caterpillar.
It is that precious time of nurturing a person’s faith for discipleship.
Letter to the community:
Greetings Community member
I trust this letter finds you well.
It is with a sad heart that we as the Chrysalis and Emmaus board need to notify you that this year’s Chrysalis Boys and Girls flights along with the year-end Emmaus walks will be postponed to next year (2017). Unfortunately this has been coming for quite some time and the hard decision was made. We as the Chrysalis and Emmaus board’s respectively did not make the decision lightly, but sometimes you need to stop and re-asses how things are being done and look at the overall health of the communities involved.
We have decided to postpone in order to focus on rebuilding our community and to reach other churches and communities within our area.
The key action points of the boards for the next 6 months will be:
- Rebuilding the community contact databases
- Raising funds by means of monthly donations by community members
- Raising awareness of Gatherings and Next year’s flights/walks in all churches within our circuit
- Bringing the Emmaus community and Chrysalis community closer together
You might be asking yourself, what can you do to help?
- We are appealing to each community member for a R50 a month donation for 24 months. You can setup the monthly debit order on your banking profile. Feel free to donate more if you feel led to do so.
- Become an Emmaus/Chrysalis champion in your church / community – Help the board raise awareness
- Setup an Agape reunion group and start make little gifts of love for next year’s flights/walks 4. Pray – Lots and lots of prayer is required. (Also see www.3dayol.org/Communities/Commlisti.phtml)
- Support our neighbouring communities candle lights, Closings, sponsoring a pilgrim/caterpillar you can contact them via a. Gloriosa: Joe Bekker 072 3779093 firstname.lastname@example.org b. Son Valley: Phyllis Eletheriou 082 4685205 email@example.com
These are just the first few steps in a new journey for us a community and it will take a lot of prayer, love and dedication. We will be sending out monthly newsletters to the community which will keep everyone informed as to what progress has been made in all the focus areas and some feel good stories too.
Below are our banking details so you can setup the monthly debit order and the contact details of relevant people if you want to become more involved.
Name of account: Protea Chrysalis
Branch: Key West
Should you wish to help promote Chrysalis and Emmaus you can contact: Chrysalis : firstname.lastname@example.org
For any other questions or suggestions please contact Chrysalis : Gilbert6ft5@icloud.com
We thank you in advance for your prayer, help and donations
Christ is counting on us